Welcome to Room 20!
I send home parent bulletins on Fridays so be sure to check those backpacks for information. I also send home parent information and classroom messages through Class Dojo. This is another great way to keep in touch and stay informed. If you need to reach me, district email is always the best method: email@example.com.
Here is some useful information and tips on how to help your child at home to support success in the classroom:
- Try to make sure your child doesn't miss class time unless absolutely necessary. I have a folder in class where worksheets are kept for absent students but there is no way for your child to make up for missed learning. When returning from an absence encourage your child to check their folder please.
- We use a Reading program called RAZ Kids in class and you can also access this at home for additional reading practice.
- First In Math is a wonderful program that all my students can and SHOULD be taking advantage of at home.
- Avondale also has provided all our families with access to hundreds of FREE books online through an app called Open eBooks. Your child has their own login and password which will work for many years. Email me if you need a reminder on setup and/or passwords.
- Send a snack and water bottle daily. We have a long stretch between morning recess and lunch so it is helpful for my students to have a healthy snack during the school day.