PTA membership provides an opportunity to become involved in your child’s education and help shape the direction of our School. No matter how much- or little – time you have to offer, the PTA welcomes, encourages and needs your participation.
Your financial support of the PTA through membership enables the PTA to provide funds for the following student activities and events:
* School Assemblies * School Garden * Field Trips
* Fall Festival * Craft Night * Rainbow Dash
* Staff Appreciation * Red Ribbon Week *much, much more
How do I join the PTA? It’s Easy! Fill out and return the envelop with $10.00 per member.
MYTHS ABOUT JOINING THE PTA
- Only moms and teachers need to join the PTA.
A strong PTA needs the support of parents, family members, teachers, school staff and community members. Anyone who cares about children belongs in the PTA!
- Joining the PTA means I have to volunteer.
The PTA appreciates everyone’s membership, whether or not a member volunteers. We need your membership for the reasons listed above. If you want to volunteer (help from home, photocopying for PTA, sending emails to LMD parents, delivering supplies when needed, etc).
- I have to been a board member or a committee chair to join PTA.
You do not have to serve on the PTA Board or be a Committee Chair to join the PTA.
- PTA membership never expires. I only have to join once.
Each school year brings a new PTA membership year. Your PTA membership is good for this whole school year!
- I don’t have time to join the PTA.
If you are unable to volunteer your time, please consider becoming a member of the PTA and give your financial support. You will have the satisfaction knowing that your support helps fund activities and events for our students throughout the year.
- The PTA is only for stay-at-home moms with nothing else to do.
Your fellow PTA members are family and community members who want to support our kids and the school. Most members are juggling bills, kids’ activities, jobs, household chores and homework – just like you!
- My child’s life will be the same – whether or not I join the PTA.
Not only does your PTA membership put you in direct communication with other parents and teachers, it shows your child that you are interested and invested in their educational experience.
- The PTA has all the help they need.
Our PTA always wants and needs volunteers. If you choose to volunteer, you choose your time commitment.
- I have an idea, but the PTA isn’t interested.
New ideas are always welcome! It’s important to keep our PTA fresh and exciting!
- I will have to attend the PTA meetings.
No, you do not need to attend the PTA meetings if you join the PTA. Of course, you are always welcome to attend and we encourage you to attend to learn more about what is going on within the school.