Join the PTA online @
Welcome to the Rolando Elementary PTA (Parent Teacher Association) Web Page! (Please scroll all the way down for oodles of information.)
You may be asking yourself… ”just what is the PTA?” Below is the Mission and Purpose of the PTA as defined on our La Mesa Spring Valley District’s Website.
The Rolando PTA is a vital part of our school community surviving on parent involvement and feedback. There are many levels of involvement ranging from the occasional take home project all the way to being on the Board, or, running a committee.
Contact us today to discuss how you, a family member (Siblings, Aunts, Uncles, Grandparents…), or close friends can play an important role in the lives of the children of Rolando Elementary.
Or… swing on by a Rolando PTA meeting (all interested parties are welcome!) – held on the 3rd Thursday of each month in the Rolando Teacher’s Lounge. (Meeting dates may vary due to other activities - please confirm the date prior to attendance.)
Mission of the PTA
- To support and speak on behalf of children and youth in the schools, in the community, and before governmental bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children.
- To assist parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children.
- To encourage parent and public involvement in the public schools of this nation.
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education
Basic Membership Fee $10.00 Per Person
Anyone (family, friends, neighbors) may join PTA, not just parents! Membership fees are divided as follows:
A basic amount goes to the district, state and national PTA, but any amount above stays at Rolando to help fund our educational enrichment programs. Your membership in PTA helps to make this organization a stronger advocate for all children. Our school earns voting delegates based on how many members we have. Those delegates attend an annual state convention at which PTA policies are established.
Rolando PTA President: Tushauna Jones/ email@example.com
The start of the school year represents the beginning of many opportunities. The Rolando PTA is comprised of members who share a commitment to making a difference in the education, health and safety of all children. It is an organization that promotes collaboration among parents, the school and the community. The number one reason to join the PTA is to benefit your child. However, every individual who joins the PTA helps not only his or her own child but every child.
It is because of the strong volunteer efforts of our parents and the dedication of our teachers that we are able to offer so many academic and cultural activities throughout the school year.
Please take a moment to read about our many events and programs and consider becoming a PTA Member by filling out the enclosed envelope. You can also join our Facebook group at Rolando Elementary Facebook Group for up to the minute information. Remember, your involvement is how our PTA stays strong and our children achieve success!
I look forward to getting to know the many parents and family members at Rolando.