• Work Permits

    The District may issue a permit authorizing employment while school is in session to a minor student age 14-17 pursuant to Education Code 51760-51769.5. Permits may also be issued to any minor age 12-17 to be employed during a regular school holiday or during a regular or specified occasional public school vacation.
    If a minor has obtained an offer of employment in the entertainment industry, the work permit shall be requested from the California Department of Labor Relations. A pupil holding  a permit to work in the entertainment or allied industries shall be excused from school for a period not to exceed five consecutive days during the time the student is working and not to exceed five absences per school year.