Before starting kindergarten your child should . . .
- Recognize their name when it is written.
- Write their name using a capital letter and lower case letters.
- Count to 10 or higher.
- Recognize the numbers 1-10.
- Know colors.
- Be able to cut with scissors.
- Say the alphabet.
- Recognize body parts.
- Know their full name, address, phone number, and birth date.
- Tie his/her own shoes.
- Use the restroom independently.
- Dress themselves including zipping, buttoning, snapping, and buckling.