Mt. Helix Council (PTA)
To find out more about the Mt. Helix Council please visit the web site.
Mission of the PTA
- To support and speak on behalf of children and youth in the schools, in the community, and before governmental bodies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children.
- To assist parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children.
- To encourage parent and public involvement in the public schools of this nation.
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community, and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, and spiritual education
The La Mesa-Spring Valley School District is committed to equal opportunity for all individuals in education. The district prohibits discrimination, harassment, intimidation or bullying based on actual or perceived race, color, ancestry, national origin, nationality, ethnic group identification, ethnicity, age, religion, marital or parental status, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression or association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics. Complaints alleging unlawful discrimination may be filed using the district’s Uniform Complaint Procedures. (BP 0410 BP 1312.3)