Thank you Parents Band Brigade! We couldn't do it without you!
~ Mr. V
JOIN THE BAND PARENTS BRIGADE!
- It's FUN! It is a way for band parents to get to know one another, stay informed, support the band program, and get involved with our kids!
- Band is a unique life experience that often lasts through the college years. No other skill or social activity can prepare our students for academic and life success. Students set goals, plan ahead, build a support team, build confidence and achieve wonders.
- The Performing Arts, be it band or color guard, drum line or theater, is hard work. We need your help! Our kids deserve the best effort we can provide. Being in the Band Brigade shows support and helps with all the little things like band trips, uniforms, and supplies. And like any army, a band moves on its stomach! We are always in need of food, water and healthy snacks for our performers
WHEN DO WE MEET?
- Drop in anytime is best, but officially we set aside the first Mondays of the month right after Marching Band
- Several student leaders come to our meetings so that we have their input as well as Mr. V's guidance and support.
WHO CAN BE IN THE BAND PARENTS BRIGADE?
- All parents, grandparents, guardians, and adults who care about the Eagle band program!
- There are no dues or membership forms.
- All you have to do is show up at the monthly meetings or contact Mr. V to let him know you're interested!
WHO DO I CONTACT TO LEARN MORE?
- Feel free to contact Mr. V at 619/ 668-5750, extension 3101. He will put you in touch with the band parent leaders.
WHAT KINDS OF HELP DOES THE BAND NEED?
- Don't be shy! We provide on-the-job training and lots of support so that no one goes it alone!
- We need parent volunteers to help carry the water and walk with the band at all of the parades (marching band) so that the students are safe.
- We need parent volunteers before, during, and after each concert (all bands) to serve food and sell band t-shirts.
- We need parent volunteers to help scout out possible performance locations where the students can log practice hours and play for donations!
- One year a, impromptu performance in front of Cold Stone Creamery resulted in $500 worth of donations and let the community know that SVA Eagles are mighty musicians!
- We need parents to help make sure that the uniforms fit properly. If you are handy with a needle and thread, we'd love your help!
- We need parents to help before and after concerts to make sure that students get the correct uniform and return them after the concert.
- We are always looking for food donations to feed the hungry marching band musicians after their parades. If you know of a restaurant that could donate any food, please let Mr. V know.