What is PTA?PTA is a national organization of volunteers whose primary concern is the well being of children and youth. Stated objectives of the organization are:
Join PTA TodayWith more than one million members, California State PTA is the largest volunteer organization in the state dedicated to improving the well being of all children and youth.PTA membership starts at $10/year for Lemon Avenue family, friends and community members. Individual memberships are $10/year. Family memberships are $25/year, and Leopard Club memberships are $50/year. Adults and students may join the PTA. Of the membership fees, $5.25 of every membership goes on to council, district, state and national PTA organizations.PTA membership envelopes are available here: Membership Envelope
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, community and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.
Last Modified on September 1, 2015