Welcome to Extended School Services’ (ESS) before and after school program! ESS provides a safe, supervised setting for your child with a wide range of creative, recreational, and educational activities that assist in the social, emotional, creative and physical development of your child. ESS is a pre-paid, fee-based and self-supporting program. It is governed and regulated by the La Mesa-Spring Valley Schools, Department of ESS. We have been providing the LMSV community with quality childcare for over 35 years.
The ESS program is open during the school year to students who are enrolled in the La Mesa-Spring Valley Schools, Transitional Kindergarten through eighth grade. Students from other areas/districts may attend ESS during break times (fall, spring, and summer).
- Our Mission is to provide:
- Quality childcare that is safe, affordable, and convenient.
- A program that includes an academic assistance component that provides opportunities for academic achievement.
- An educational enrichment component that offers students a broad array of additional programs and activities designed to reinforce and complement the regular academic program, including music, art, recreation, and performing arts.
- Qualified, caring staff members who participate in ongoing training and staff development.
- Hours: ESS is open daily, Monday - Friday, from 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
Click PARENT COMMENTS if you have any comments you would like to share with us.
The La Mesa-Spring Valley Schools are committed to equal opportunity for all individuals in education. La Mesa-Spring Valley Schools prohibits discrimination, harassment, intimidation or bullying based on actual or perceived race, color, ancestry, national origin, nationality, ethnic group identification, ethnicity, age, religion, marital or parental status, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression or association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics. Complaints alleging unlawful discrimination may be filed using the district’s Uniform Complaint Procedures. (BP 0410 BP 1312.3)