What is School Cafe?
School Cafe is a web-based program that allows parents to make secure prepayments for their child's school meals and/or view their student's meal payment balances. There is no cost to create an account so that you can view your child's account online. School Cafe adds a small service charge to your transaction if you choose to make secure prepayments online. If you do not want to incur a service charge, you can continue to prepay your child's lunch payment in person at the school office (envelopes are available at the front desk) or send money with your child to give to the cafeteria manager at lunch time.Parent Benefits
- Access the system 24/7 via the Internet and by phone (where available)
- Pre-payments means faster serving lines with more time to eat
- Make payments via credit cards, debit cards, or e-checks
- Receive low balance email reminders
- Auto-pay means never having to think of money on account again
- Get the peace of mind that comes from knowing you will no longer have lost or stolen lunch money
- Use School Cafe with confidence. School Cafe is PCI and VeriSign certified
- Receive Live Chat or toll-free support from knowledgeable, friendly and courteous staff
Where do I obtain my Student’s ID?
Before you can register for a free account at www.schoolcafe.com, you'll need to have your student's ID number.Your child's ID number stays the same for all years s/he is enrolled in the La Mesa Spring Valley School District grades K-8.To get your child's student ID number, you can call the Child Nutrition Department at 619-668-5764. You will need to identify yourself (giving your name) and your child's name and teacher.