This is CDO's third year participating in Reflections. Student entries for Reflections were due October 31, 2016. Some students will be selected to advance to the district PTA level. Please wish them luck! Our theme for 2016-2017 will be announced soon. Students can begin to work on their 2016-2017 Reflections projects as soon as the new theme is posted.
Reflections Program – Introduction
The Reflections Arts Recognition Program is a national arts recognition and achievement program for students. Since 1969, over 10 million students across the nation have taken part in this popular PTA program.The excitement and enthusiasm that the program generates for students, parents, schools and communities is unmatched with the majority of California PTAs participating in the program at all PTA levels.
That's why the Reflections Program provides an excellent opportunity for students of all ages to:
- Unleash their creative talents and be inspired
- Express themselves imaginatively in their artwork
- Experience the joy and fun of making art
- Tap into critical thinking skills to create art inspired by the annual theme
- Receive positive recognition for their original works of art
As an added bonus, in showcasing and celebrating student talent, the Reflections Program increases community awareness of the importance of the arts in education.