Call the office at 619-668-5800 or email Mrs. Locklar: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will need to provide your specific street and address number. We can tell you which school your address "belongs" to and what type of transfer is necessary to attend our school.
There are two types of transfers; an Intra-District permit is used within the boundaries of La Mesa-Spring Valley and an Inter-District permit is used to come to ROL from another school district. These permits are available the first week of February each year for the following school year.
See the office staff for the proper form and directions to complete/submit these forms. Transfers are based on space availability at the requested grade level.
Special note: Transfers for incoming kindergartners are eligible for a lottery (again, based on projected space availability) if the transfer is submitted before March 31st for the following school year. A copy of the approved or denied transfer will be mailed home, but they often take considerable time, so don't worry if it's mid-April and you still have not yet heard about your transfer request.
Children must be 5 years old on or before September 1st to begin kindergarten that school year.
Children that do not make this cut-off are eligible for our district's Transitional Kindergarten (TK) program, which is a 2-year kindergarten commitment, is free and full day at the several school sites in La Mesa-Spring Valley. Rolando is not a school site with this program. Families are welcome to send their child to a participating TK school for the first year and then come into "kindergarten proper" at Rolando for the 2nd year of that program, based on space availability. You may get more information about TK on the district's website.
If a transfer is not needed for your child to be Rolando-approved, then you will need these items to enroll your student:
* Birth certificate, Passport, or Baptismal Record (for Kindergarten/1st grade or any other grade if new to the US)
* Immunizations (must be complete and is required for all grades). Parents are responsible for providing this document. The school will request other school records, but does not have time to track down or request a student's immunization record from a previous school or medical facility. Students without this record will not be able to begin school until the complete record is presented.
* Two proofs of your address (some items are not accepted; suggested proofs include utility bills, phone bill, rental agreement with manager's signature, driver's license, deed or closing escrow document, moving company receipt, military housing orders, paystub with address, correspondence from a government agency)
* Physical & Dental Screening (for Kindergarten/1st grade) These forms are available in any school office.
* Approved Transfer if applicable (forms available in any school office)
* Copy of latest IEP if applicable (and enrollment subject to caseload review and appropriate program at our school to fulfill IEP requirements)
* Medication authorization form for ANY and ALL medication to be administered at school. This form available in any school office. It must be completed each school year. All medication is kept in the Health Office and must be brought to school by an adult.
* Registration forms (these are available in the school office as early as the first week of March for the following school year)