Why Enroll at La Mesa-Spring Valley Schools?
Welcome to La Mesa-Spring Valley Schools, where we have unique and dynamic programs and instructional pathways to engage and inspire all children! La Mesa-Spring Valley Schools is proud to serve out students and families with caring teachers and staff members and innovative instruction.
In addition to robust and caring neighborhood schools with award-winning teachers and programs, La Mesa-Spring Valley Schools is also proud to offer academies with specialty programs to enhance each child's strengths and unique interests:
- STEAM Academy @ La Presa
- Spring Valley Academy, International Baccalaureate Candidate School (IB)
- La Mesa Arts Academy (LMAAC)
- Kempton Literacy Academy and Dual Language Immersion School (Engllish/Spanish)
Enrolling Your Child In School
To enroll your child, pick up a Registration packet at the school your child will attend beginning March 1st for the upcoming school year. Proof of legal age is required for children entering kindergarten (or first grade if the child is not attending kindergarten). You will need your child's birth certificate, immunization record, and two proofs of residency. Contact the school for more specific information.
What you should bring to registration:
- Original birth certificate, passport, or hospital certificate
- Original immunization records
- Two proofs of residence (driver's license, Department of Motor Vehicles Personal Identification Card, deed to a home or closing escrow papers, copy of receipt of current San Diego County property tax bill, rental agreement including registered owner and renter's signatures, copies of current month's bills or installation, receipts for gas, electric, cable TV, water/sewer, trash and or telephone, receipt from moving company for moving household goods or receipt showing delivery of newly purchased major appliance or furniture, military housing orders, pay stub with address, voter registration, or correspondence from a government agency.)
- Report of recent health checkup
- Child's health history
- Previous special education information (current copy of I.E.P.)
The La Mesa-Spring Valley School District is committed to equal opportunity for all individuals in education. The district prohibits discrimination, harassment, intimidation or bullying based on actual or perceived race, color, ancestry, national origin, nationality, ethnic group identification, ethnicity, age, religion, marital or parental status, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression or association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics. Complaints alleging unlawful discrimination may be filed using the district’s Uniform Complaint Procedures. (BP 0410 BP 1312.3)