Important Information Regarding Free & Reduced Meals for 2020-2021 School Year
Applications for parents and students enrolled in the La Mesa-Spring Valley School District are available online. A website link to the complete application is at the bottom of this page.
- The USDA has extended the Free Meals Program through December 31, 2020. All children, 2-18 years old may pick up meal packs free of charge on Mondays and Wednesdays starting September 21st.
- Monday meal packs will consist of 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches and 2 snacks. Wednesday meal packs will consist of 5 breakfasts, 5 lunches and 5 snacks. Breakfast is available at the following locations: Avondale, Bancroft, Casa de Oro, Highlands, Kempton, La Mesa Dale, La Presa Elementary, Loma, Murray Manor, Rancho, Rolando, Sweetwater Springs, all middle schools.
- Your children do not need to be enrolled in the La Mesa-Spring Valley School District to participate.
- Fletcher Hills Elementary and Northmont Elementary will be closed for the Meal Program. You may pickup the meal packs at Parkway Middle School Mondays and Wednesdays, September 21st from 11 am – 1 pm.
- Murdock Elementary will be closed for the Free Meal Program. You may pick up the meal packs at Spring Valley Academy on Monday’s and Wednesday’s, September 21st from 11 am – 1 pm.
- Lemon Ave Elementary will be closed for the Free Meal Program. You may pick up the meal packs at La Mesa Dale Elementary or La Mesa Arts Academy on Monday’s and Wednesday’s, September 21st from 11 am – 1 pm.
- Drive through or walk-up service will be available at every school.
- Only 1 meal bag per child is allowed. It is against USDA regulations to pick up meals at more than 1 school site.
If you have any questions, please call the Child Nutrition Services Department at 619-668-5764.