If a student is picked up at any time before the end of the school day, he/she must be picked up by the parent/guardian listed in the office computer. The ONLY exception to this rule is that a parent/guardian can send in a note (with their signature) stating who will be picking up their child on that specific date. If you have any questions about this new policy, please feel free to call the office.
Please know that we are focused on your child’s safety at school. However, in order to fully be successful, we need your help and patience in abiding by the following school rules:
- All parents/guardians, even if we know you, need to sign in at the front office and get a visitors badge to be on campus. If you do not have a badge, you will not be allowed on campus or in the classrooms.
- Do not go directly to any classroom door to drop off a lunch, homework, or anything else during school hours. Please go through the front office, and we will get the items to your child and/or give them a message from you.
- If your child is absent and you need to get class work, you must go after the dismissal bell. Teachers will not be expected to stop instruction to get work ready for a sick student. It is not fair to those who are in school, ready to learn.
- When exiting the front of school, you can either exit through the front office or the front gates. If you choose the gates, please make sure they are closed behind you.
- Please remind your child that the classroom is where they need to be during learning time. I often see students playing in the hallways on the way to the restrooms, and I remind them daily to use the restroom quickly and get back to class.
- If you have information to report about an incident at your child’s school or for questions regarding school safety, please contact the principal. You may make an anonymous report using the information below:
Crime Stoppers (800) 222-8477 http://www.crimestoppersusa.com
Students Speaking Out (888) 580-8477 http://www.studentsspeakingout.org
***Please know your children are extremely important to me and my entire staff. I am open to any and all suggestions on how to better keep them safe. Please never hesitate to contact me.