Welcome to La Mesa-Spring Valley Schools, where we have unique and dynamic programs and instructional pathways to engage and inspire all children! La Mesa-Spring Valley Schools is proud to serve out students and families with caring teachers and staff members and innovative instruction.
In addition to robust and caring neighborhood schools with award-winning teachers and programs, La Mesa-Spring Valley Schools is also proud to offer academies with specialty programs to enhance each child’s strengths and unique interests. Learn about great options for enrollment here:Enroll Online For School Today!
Looking for ESS Enrollment Info?
The enrollment form at the link above is for enrollment in school, not ESS. To enroll in ESS, please click here: Enroll in ESS through Eyelo
Enrolling Your Child In School
To enroll your child, pick up a Registration packet at the school your child will attend beginning March 1st for the upcoming school year. Proof of legal age is required for children entering kindergarten (or first grade if the child is not attending kindergarten). You will need your child’s birth certificate, immunization record, and two proofs of residency. Contact the school for more specific information.
What you should bring to registration:
- Original birth certificate, passport, or hospital certificate
- Original immunization records
- Two proofs of residence (driver’s license, Department of Motor Vehicles Personal Identification Card, deed to a home or closing escrow papers, copy of receipt of current San Diego County property tax bill, rental agreement including registered owner and renter’s signatures, copies of current month’s bills or installation, receipts for gas, electric, cable TV, water/sewer, trash and or telephone, receipt from moving company for moving household goods or receipt showing delivery of newly purchased major appliance or furniture, military housing orders, pay stub with address, voter registration, or correspondence from a government agency.)
- Report of recent health checkup
- Child’s health history
- Previous special education information (current copy of I.E.P.)
Open Enrollment/School Transfers
Open enrollment is available to pupils whose parents or guardians currently reside within District attendance areas and to pupils who have otherwise established residence pursuant to provisions of Education Code 48204 or 48209. This policy allows parents to select the District school they wish their child to attend regardless of their school of residency. Requests for admission are based on a random, unbiased selection process, and space availability. See Frequently Asked Questions About Transfers on this page. You may download the Intradistrict Transfer Application, fill it out, and return to the Student Services Department. Additional information and the Interdistrict application are available through the Student Support Department, (619) 668-5700 ext. 6429.
Kindergarten Registration for the 2019-2020 School Year
We will begin accepting kindergarten registration on March 1, 2019 at your school of residence. You can find more information regarding the kindergarten registration process via the following link:
Transfers for the 2019-2020 School Year
We will be accepting transfers for the 2019-2020 school year from February 1 through April 1, 2019. Transfers can be dropped off at the district office during normal business hours, sent via U.S. mail to the district office, or faxed (except for transfers to San Diego Unified) to the district office at (619) 668-8398. Processing of all transfers received during February and March will begin in April. Notification will be made by mail. You can find more information regarding the transfer process via the following link: