Fax: (619) 668-6672
The Transportation Department strives to provide a safe environment for every child who rides our school buses. We want your child’s transportation to and from school to be a safe and enjoyable ride.
The District provides home to school-of-residence transportation to pupils in grades K–6 living within the appropriate transportation area, beyond one mile for Kindergarten–3rd grade and one and one-half miles for 4th–6th grades. Transportation service is provided for a fee.
Who is eligible for transportation?
The district provides home-to-school of residence transportation to pupils in grades K–6 living beyond the established transportation boundary line. Students who meet the boundary requirement are eligible to apply for transportation. Transportation boundary line distances are as follows:
- K–3 1 mile
- 4–6 1 1/2 miles
Please check with the school regarding time schedules. Drop-off times are approximate. If you request that your kindergarten child is not to be let off the bus unless someone is there to meet them, your child will be returned to school if no one is at his/her stop.
Students who need to get off their regular bus, at a designated bus stop other than their own, must have a permission slip from home, signed by the principal/designee. Every effort will be made by the drivers to have each student get off at his/her designated bus stop. A student who accidentally or willingly gets on the wrong bus will be returned to school where their parents will be called to arrange pickup of their student. If your student becomes sick during the day, he/she will be kept in the nurse’s office until contact is made with the parents. In the best interest of everyone, infectious or severely ill students, e.g. (measles, vomiting, head lice, etc.), cannot be allowed to ride the bus home.
How to Apply for a Bus Pass
There are 3 ways to get started: Go to the Transportation Department at 3838 Conrad Dr and apply for Transportation. Turn in an Emergency Card along with payment (check, Money Order, or cash). Free Transportation may be provided to students who receive Free lunches at their school.
Fill out an Emergency Card at your school (indicate bus stop), and the school will forward it to Transportation for approval.
Download the Emergency Card from the La Mesa Spring – Valley Schools website and turn it in to Transportation or your school.Please call 619-668-5767 and press 2 to receive route number and bus stop information. You may email the completed emergency card to Transportation@lmsvsd.net. Incomplete emergency cards will not be processed. The bus pass will be given to your child by the school bus driver. This will assist the driver in putting the name and face together. Tickets may be purchased at Transportation or at the students school.
You may email the completed Emergency card to: Transportation@lmsvsd.net
The La Mesa-Spring Valley School District charges a fee for providing bus transportation service to students from home-to-school of residence. Possession of a current Bus Pass/Single Ride Ticket entitles a student to ride to and from their designated school and bus stop on their assigned bus. The Bus Pass/Single Ride Ticket must be presented when the student boards the bus. If you have any questions please call the Transportation Office at 619 668-5767, 8:00am-4:00pm. Free and reduced fare transportation is available to children whose families meet certain low-income guidelines and who reside within the appropriate transportation area.
The Transportation Fee Program provides the option of purchasing an Annual Bus Pass, Half Year Bus Pass or Single-Ride Tickets/Ticket Books.
We accept cash, checks made out to LMSV, or money orders. We cannot accept debit/credit cards at this time.
|Type Of Pass||Price||Cost Per Ride|
$130.00 Second Child
Free – Third Child
|Half Year Bus Pass*||$125.00 First Child|
$83.00 2nd Child
3rd Child Free
|Single Ride Ticket Books |
40 One-Ride Tickets
|$50.00||$1.25 Per ride|
|Single Ride Ticket – one AM or PM||$1.25||$1.25 Per ride|
Refunds: Refunds will only be made if a student is reassigned to the Special Education program, moves from the area or is denied transportation due to discipline reasons for more than 15 school days. All requests for refund must be made in writing to the Transportation Office. Please allow 2 weeks for processing. All refunds will be prorated and be charged a $2.00 processing fee. Ticket books cannot be refunded or returned if unused.
Replacement Passes: A $3.00 processing fee will apply for replacement bus passes due to damage, lost or replacement of a bus pass when a student changes bus routes. Single Ride Tickets and/or Ticket Books will not be replaced if lost.
Our Bus Drivers
The District’s School Bus Drivers are highly trained professionals in their field. To become a School Bus Driver one must receive training in laws, regulations, defensive driving techniques, first aid, public relations, emergency procedures, and then receive many hours behind-the-wheel learning all about the big yellow bus they will drive on our roads.
Each driver must hold a valid Medical Certificate, valid Class B Driver’s License with the Passenger Endorsement and a valid School Bus Driver Certificate. In order to maintain their certificate, they must complete a minimum of ten hours of training per year, all of which is regulated by the California Highway Patrol and the Department of Motor Vehicles.
Riding the School Bus is a privilege. The School District is not mandated to provide such service. Students will be held accountable for their behavior while on the bus and at their bus stop. All students need to be at their bus stop five (5) minutes prior to the departure time. It is important for them to line up in an orderly manner as not to jeopardize the safety and welfare of others. Please instruct your child to never approach a moving bus. Once the door is closed and the bus is moving, children should return to their home or school. Never should a child run after the bus.
Student Behavior on School Buses
“Pupils transported on a school bus shall be under the authority of, and responsible directly to, the driver of the bus, and the driver shall be held responsible for the orderly conduct of the pupils.” (CCR 14103). The following rules of conduct shall apply to all students who ride school buses. To help insure a safe ride on our school buses, most are equipped with a video monitoring system.
- Students must be seated at all times except when boarding or leaving the bus.
- Students should sit upright, face the front of the bus, keep feet out of the aisle, and in no way bar progress of the other students in or out of the bus.
- All bus riders shall not interfere with others nor molest property of others.
- All students are prohibited from creating disturbances such as taking pictures or filming with a cell phone, whistling, playing musical instruments or radios, yelling, using loud or profane language, throwing articles, or any activity that could distract the driver.
- We cannot allow students to eat or drink on the bus. Such things as gum, candy and sunflower seeds are prohibited.
- The driver shall have the right to assign all seats when deemed necessary. All Middle School bus riders are automatically assigned seats the first or second week of school.
- In the interest of safety, students must keep head, hands and feet inside the bus at all times.
Student Conduct at Bus Stops
- The bus stop is not a playground. Horseplay, ball throwing, pushing and shoving cannot be allowed.
- Most bus stops are designated in front of homes. Any damage done to private property shall be cause for denial of transportation.
- To insure timely bus schedules students must arrive at the bus stop at least five minutes before pick-up time, and they should be at their designated bus stops.
- Students should line up in single file before boarding the bus. There is no pushing or shoving allowed.
- According to State law, students must cross in front of the bus with the driver. It is the sole responsibility of the driver to escort students across the street when necessary. No one else can assume this responsibility.
- Parents picking up children at bus stops and who normally do not cross the street should park on the same side of the street that the bus stops on to avoid the possibility of a child being hit while crossing the street.
Items Not Allowed On School Buses
The following items cannot be transported to or from school on a school bus:
- Glass Containers
- Bags of aluminum cans
- Animals (birds, hamsters, fish, insects, etc.)
- Large musical instruments, suitcases and sleeping bags.
- Radios (unless approved by the school ahead of time)
- Food or liquid that is not contained
All toys, games, or projects brought to school should be put in a plastic or paper bag. Nothing can be allowed aboard that is too large for the students to hold on their lap. Please make other arrangements for your child’s transportation that day. Students may not use cell phones on the bus. The usage of cell phones on the bus is limited. Please speak with your driver for cell phone usage rules.
Pedestrian Safety Rules
- ALWAYS follow these rules and be extra alert in rainy or foggy weather
- Cross only at corners so drivers can see you.
- Always use a crosswalk when it is available. Remember, painted lines can’t stop cars.
- Cross only on the new green light so you have time to cross safely.
- Use the push-button when possible and cross with the “walk” sign only.
- Look all ways before crossing the street to see cars, pedestrians and bicyclists.
- When crossing, watch for cars that are turning left or right.
- Never cross the street from between parked cars. Drivers can’t see you.
- Walk on the left side of the road, facing traffic, if sidewalks are not provided, so you can see oncoming cars.
Parkway & SVA Bus Schedules
Parkway Middle School
Grades 7th & 8th
|BUS STOP||AM BUS/ROUTE||AM TIME||PM BUS/ROUTE||PM TIME||PM TUES|
|LMAAC(PAST MUSIC BLD||#57/301||8:25||#22/204||4:15||3:10|
|4554 70TH @SUNSHINE PARK||#20/151||8:26||#19/205||4:00||2:58|
|OHIO ST & PARKS AVE||#20/151||8:33||#19/205||3:53||2:50|
Spring Valley Academy
Grades 5th – 8th
|BUS STOP||AM BUS/ROUTE||AM TIME||PM BUS/ROUTE||PM TIME||PM TUES|
|KEMPTON ST @ |
|#03 / 251||8:28||#03 / 251||3:53||2:50|
|KEMPTON ST @ |