Welcome to the Sweetwater Springs Community School Library!
Library and Learning Resources Technician, Juliet Salbato
(619) 668-5895 x3786
Library Hours: 8:30 – 2:00
How to Check Out SWS Library Books!
Step 1: Navigate to the SWS Library Catalog Online
Step 2: Login and Place Holds*
Preschool – 2nd Grade
3rd Grade – 6th Grade
*Two Holds at a time, please!
Step 3: Pick Up Books!
Wait for a message from Ms. Salbato or your teacher telling you your books are ready.
Pick up books from the library weekdays between 8:30-2.
Return books within two weeks of pick-up!
How to Check Out Library Books Instructional Video
To use our library catalog of over 15,000 titles, click on the link below.
Battle of the Books is a reading incentive program for students in 4th – 8th grade. Team members read books from the BOB reading list and attend team meetings in the library weekly from January to May. We practice working together as a team and answering questions that test our knowledge of the books. This hard work culminates in a friendly game show style competition against other schools in our area in May 2019. Applications and books are available in the SWS library. Please see Ms. Salbato in the library for more information.
Book List 2018/2019
- Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine, Year Published: 1997
- Inside Out and Back Again by Thanhha Lai, Year Published: 2011
- No Talking by Andrew ClementsYear Published: 2007
- Small as an Elephant by Jennifer Richard Jacobson, Year Published: 2011
- Frozen Stiff by Sherry Shahan, Year Published: 1999
- The War That Saved My Life by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley, Year Published: 2016
- Alvin Ho: Allergic to Girls, School by Lenore Look, Year Published: 2008
- The Good Dog by Avi, Year Published: 2003
- Crenshaw by Katherine Applegate, Year Published: 2015
- Real Friends by Shannon Hale,Year Published: 2017