What is TK?
As the San Diego County Office of Education (SDCOE) describes:
Transitional Kindergarten (TK) is a special program designed for students who turn 5 in the fall – and are not quite old enough to enroll in traditional kindergarten. A child is eligible for TK if they have their 5th birthday between September 2 and February 2 (inclusive).
TK is designed as the first year of a two-year kindergarten program using modified kindergarten curriculum that is age and developmentally appropriate. A child who completes one year in a TK program, will continue in a kindergarten program for one additional year.
Enrollment for the 2022-2023 School Year
Enrollment begins March 1, 2022. You may begin the online enrollment process on March 1st or you may also enroll at the identified TK site.
If you wish to enroll at a school other than your identified TK site of residence, you must complete a transfer form with Student Services. For more information regarding transfers, call LMSV Schools Student Services at (619) 668-5700. Transfer forms are available under the Open Enrollment/School Transfers section here.
Where is TK for the 2022-2023 school year?
Your home address determines your identified TK site. TK will be hosted at the following sites:
- Kempton (home to TK for Kempton, Bancroft and La Presa families)
- Highlands (home to TK for Highlands, Sweetwater Springs, Avondale*, and Rancho* families)
- Casa de Oro (home to TK for Casa de Oro, Loma, Avondale*, and Rancho* families)
- Murdock (home to TK for Murdock families)
- Lemon Avenue (home to TK for Lemon Avenue families)
- La Mesa Dale (home to TK for La Mesa Dale and Rolando families)
- Maryland Avenue (home to TK for Maryland Avenue and Murray Manor families)
- Northmont (home to TK for Northmont and Fletcher Hills families)
*Avondale resident students are in an optional attendance area and may enroll at either Highlands or Casa De Oro without completing a transfer form.
*Rancho resident students are in an optional attendance area and may enroll at either Highlands or Casa De Oro without completing a transfer form.