- School Security Information
- All visitors to campus must check in at the office. Volunteers must complete a volunteer application annually prior to helping at school. Be prepared to provide identification at sign in.
- Routine safety drills are conducted at school. Drills will be posted on our school website the day they are held (following completion.)
- Before and after school can be quite busy times as parents and child care providers drop off and pick up their children. Please drive slowly through the school parking lot and on the surrounding streets. Observe traffic laws and always cross streets using only the crosswalk. It is important that the flow of traffic in the drop-off and pick-up lanes is not blocked: there is no parking in the white "loading zone". Please do not double park in the parking lot or block access to the Handicapped Parking spots in our school lot.
- At Sweetwater Springs teachers and administrators are on site prior to our a.m. bell at 8:00 a.m. and just after dismissal at 2:20 p.m. and 1:05 p.m. on Tuesdays. It is important that children are not dropped off on campus at times when supervision is not available. If your child is eating breakfast in the cafeteria they may arrive at 7:30 a.m. Children who are not eating breakfast may arrive at school no earlier than 7:45 a.m.
- Please be on time to pick up your child. Unless your child is enrolled in the ESS program there is no supervision available after school is dismissed. If you are late to pick up your child they will be brought into the school office for their safety and you will be contacted to sign them out. Be prepared to provide identification upon sign out. Repeatedly leaving your child at school past dismissal times is a sign for concern; please be aware that school administration is required to report cases of child neglect.
These and other safety policies are explained in further detail in our school handbook provided annually and available on-line as well.