The Avondale school office is open for registration between 7:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. Students who reside within Avondale attendance boundaries or who have an approved Interdistrict/Intradistrict transfer will need to complete an enrollment packet and provide the following additional documents to register:
- Original birth certificate, passport, or hospital certificate,
- Original immunization records,
- Two proofs of residency (driver's license, Department of Motor Vehicles Personal Identification Card, deed to a home or closing escrow papers, copy of receipt of current San Diego County property tax bill, rental agreement including registered owner and renter's signatures, copies of current month's bills or installation, receipts for gas, electric, cable TV, water/sewer, trash and or telephone, receipt from moving company for moving household goods or receipt showing delivery of newly purchased major appliance or furniture, military housing orders, paystub with address, voter registration, or correspondence from a government agency),
- Previous special education information (current copy of I.E.P.) if applicable,
- For TK and Kindergarten registration two additional forms will be completed; an Oral Health Assessment form, and a School Entry Health Checkup form. Children must turn 5 on or before September 1st to enroll in kindergarten. For Transitional Kindergarten children must turn 5 between September 2nd and December 2nd.
PLEASE NOTE: Allow ample time to complete the registration process when at the school site. Packets may be picked up and returned or filled out in the office. Incomplete packets cannot be accepted for enrollment. Please call the office if you have any questions about the procedure or documents required at 619-668-5880, extension 4297.