Elite 8 - 8 Tips for your Safety and Success on Campus
1. Playground Expectations
- Stay safe by following playground rules.
- Stay safe by using the equipment the way it was intended.
- Treat supervisors respectfully.
- Don’t leave the playground without an adult’s permission. Ask an adult before leaving for restroom/drinks.
- Use your words to solve your problems. Ask an adult for help when your words don’t work.
- 5 minute bell @ Recess = bathroom and drinks. This is your time.
You should not be asking for bathroom/drinks right after recess. This is learning time.
- 1st Whistle = Freeze and take a knee. 2nd Whistle = walk calmly to line up.
2. Bathroom Etiquette
- Use the restroom closest to your class or playground. (Don’t roam the halls)
- Do your business, wash your hands, and get back to class/playground as quickly as possible.
- No playing/hanging out in the bathroom. EEEWWW!
3. Hallway Behavior and Etiquette
- Walk. Don’t run.
- Walk quietly.
- Walk with a purpose (no roaming).
- Stay off poles and handrails.
- Stay on the sidewalk. The grass wants to grow.
- Stay in line when with your class.
4. Meal Expectations
- Wait quietly on the carpet in the cafeteria until you are instructed to get your card.
- Take ONLY your card. Do not touch other students’ cards.
- Be polite to others in line.
- Stay seated (on your bottom) at the lunch tables.
- Use quiet conversation voices.
- Use good manners (don’t play with food or talk with your mouth full).
- Clean up after yourself.
- Remain seated at the tables until an adult dismisses you to line up.
- Stay off the red wall.
5. Arrival & Dismissal Procedures
- Don’t arrive before 7:30 unless you are eating breakfast
with parent supervision. Cafe opens at 7:15.
- At 7:30 students go to Run Club. Students are to run,
jog, or walk. No equipment at this time.
- Do not hang out in the hallways or go to a teacher’s classroom before school.
- Line up quietly with your class for Peace Square when
the first bell rings.
- Teachers take attendance when the 2nd bell rings at 7:55.
- Students in ESS go straight to ESS after school.
- Students getting picked up by a car stay in the square
and watch for their ride.
- If you haven’t been picked up by the time Safety Patrol comes in, please wait in the office.
6. Be a friend
- Keep hands and feet to yourself - always!
- Use kind words.
7. Make Healthy Choices
- Healthy food helps you think and grow.
- No Takis, Hot Cheetos, gum, candy, caffeinated drinks.
- Celebrate your birthday with pencils, stickers, or a
book for the class. No cupcakes, candy or food treats.
8. Interacting with Adults
- Learn names of adults you work with often.
- Stop, look, and listen when an adult is speaking to you.
- Be polite.
- Remember, the adults here care about you and want
to help you be the best YOU you can be!