Please be advised that by enrolling in the ESS Program, you are confirming that you have read, understand and agree to the following policies:
- There is an annual Registration Fee of $40 to register one child and $60 to register two or more children. This fee is non-refundable and will be automatically processed upon approval of your contract.
- Tuition is based on a flat rate fee, not actual attendance, and is billed on a bi-weekly basis. Payment due dates are every other Monday, and must be pre-paid one week in advance. Fees are non-refundable. Rates are subject to change. ESS reserves the right to deny service upon non-payment.
- All electronic payments made over the phone or in person with an ESS Account Technician will have a 2% convenience fee assessed. This fee will NOT be assessed when paying online via your Eleyo account or you select to set up auto pay.
- Tuition payments may NOT be left at the site or given to the ESS staff. Only the District Office may accept payments. Break seasons are optional and must be signed up for separately. No student will be accepted at ESS until the registration process has been completed and payment is received by the due date.
- You will be charged a $10.00 late fee if your payment is not received by the invoice due date. Late fees must be paid with the next payment. Continuous non-payment of fees is a cause for termination from the ESS Program. If your account is not fully paid by the close of business on the Friday before the first day of the service week(s), your child may not be admitted to ESS. Existing charges will be left on the account. If your child comes to ESS and the account has not been paid, he or she may be escorted to the office and you will be contacted to come pick him/her up.
- You must provide a two week notice (to the ESS Billing Department at the LMSV District Offices) prior to any of the following: changing schedules, vacation request (up to two weeks non-participation per year is permitted at no charge), withdrawing from the program. If two weeks notice is not provided, you will be charged corresponding fees according to your selected schedule. Please note that schedule changes must be for a MINIMUM of two weeks.
- Picking up your child ANY time after 6:00 p.m. (according to the ESS clock) is considered a late pick-up, and a charge will be assessed to your account.
- If your account is sent to collections, a $15.00 fee will be added to your account. You must clear up the account with the outside collection agency and ESS before re-entering the program.
- Checks returned by your bank for any reason (i.e. non sufficient funds, account closed, etc.) must be replaced immediately with cash, credit card, or money order. A $25.00 fee will be charged to the account.
ESS Homework Policies (regular school day):
- Homework rotation at ESS is 45-minutes in length, 4 days a week, Monday through Thursday for 1st through 8th grade students.
- Homework rotation in ESS is not a one-on-one tutoring service, but rather a quiet space and separate time of day for students to focus on and work toward their homework completion.
- When homework rotation begins in ESS, staff will ask students if they have homework and/or to show the staff their homework folder/planner. If a student states that he/she has no homework, he/she will be provided with academic enrichment activities or will have the option to read a book of his/her choice for the duration of the homework rotation. Staff will not go through a student’s backpack to look for his/her homework.
- While ESS staff may spot-check answers, the responsibility of reviewing and correcting work belongs to the parent/guardian. ESS does not guarantee homework completion.
- The ESS program is open during the school year to students who are enrolled in the La Mesa-Spring Valley Schools EAK, and TK through eighth grade. Students from other school districts/areas may only attend during break times.
Late Pick-Up Policy
- If you are delayed past 6:00 pm, a late fee will be charged. Late Pick-Up Fee Schedule will be posted at your school site (also see below). This late pick-up fee will be used to help pay staff who must remain after their regular working hours to supervise your child. See the Parent Handbook for more information.
Sign In & Out Procedure
- Parents must sign their children in and out daily. Children may leave the program only with the persons specified as authorized pick-ups. Expect staff to ask for proper identification until they become familiar with those authorized to pick up your child. Please update emergency contact information regularly so staff can always contact the appropriate persons immediately in case of an emergency.
We require that parents walk their children in where staff are located. Please make sure that staff acknowledges your child’s presence before leaving the program site.
Illness & Medication
- If your child is not feeling well, please do not send him/her to ESS. Students who have been ill must be well, and fever free, for 24 hours before returning to ESS or school. If your child becomes ill or suspected to be contagious, you will be notified to pick him/her up promptly. If your child was sent home from school ill or did not attend school for the day, they may not attend ESS. It is very important that you keep us updated on changes in work, home, cell, and emergency phone numbers.ESS will administer medication (prescription or non-prescription) to students only if an “Authorization for Administration of Medication” form has been completed by a physician and parent. All medication must be in the original container.
Student Cell Phone Policy
It is our responsibility at Extended School Services to abide by and enforce school rules during program time (school year and breaks). Please review the rule on cell phones with your child. According to Education Code 48901.5, students may not use cell phones during instructional time. This includes instructional time in Extended School Services before and after hours care. This means that students are allowed to have cell phones on campus; however, the cell phones must never be visible or used on school grounds, unless an emergency situation occurs. Middle School age children may have designated times during the day, especially during breaks, to use electronics for music and games. Children must have a signed electronics permission slip on file with ESS. Cell phones can be used during these times for music and games only. No social media or web surfing.
If a student violates the above rules, the consequences are as follows:
- 1st Violation: Phone taken away and returned to student at the end of the day.
- 2nd Violation: Phone taken away and returned to parent upon pick-up.
- 3rd Violation: Phone taken away and returned to parent with a meeting scheduled.
Please speak with your Site Lead, and take note of the ESS site phone number for all communications with your child. Thank you for your support.